• The Duchess of Kent has died at the age of 92, Buckingham Palace has said.

    Katharine, who became the oldest living member of the Royal Family when Queen Elizabeth II d!ed in 2022, dropped her HRH style, preferring to be known as Mrs Kent, and retreated from royal life to spend more than a decade teaching music at a primary school in Hull.

    The palace announced her death in a statement on Friday: "It is with deep sorrow that Buckingham Palace announces the death of Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Kent.

    "Her Royal Highness passed away peacefully last night at Kensington Palace, surrounded by her family.

    "The King and Queen and all Members of The Royal Family join The Duke of Kent, his children and grandchildren in mourning their loss and remembering fondly The Duchess's life-long devotion to all the organisations with which she was associated, her passion for music and her empathy for young people."

    The Union Flag at Buckingham Palace was lowered to half-mast as a mark of respect shortly after the duchess's death was announced. A formal framed announcement will be displayed on the palace railings.

    Katharine married Prince Edward, the Duke of Kent - who is the cousin of the late Queen Elizabeth II - in a grand ceremony at York Minster in 1961.

    The couple have three surviving children, George, Earl of St Andrews, Lady Helen Windsor, and Lord Nicholas Windsor.
    The Duchess of Kent has died at the age of 92, Buckingham Palace has said. Katharine, who became the oldest living member of the Royal Family when Queen Elizabeth II d!ed in 2022, dropped her HRH style, preferring to be known as Mrs Kent, and retreated from royal life to spend more than a decade teaching music at a primary school in Hull. The palace announced her death in a statement on Friday: "It is with deep sorrow that Buckingham Palace announces the death of Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Kent. "Her Royal Highness passed away peacefully last night at Kensington Palace, surrounded by her family. "The King and Queen and all Members of The Royal Family join The Duke of Kent, his children and grandchildren in mourning their loss and remembering fondly The Duchess's life-long devotion to all the organisations with which she was associated, her passion for music and her empathy for young people." The Union Flag at Buckingham Palace was lowered to half-mast as a mark of respect shortly after the duchess's death was announced. A formal framed announcement will be displayed on the palace railings. Katharine married Prince Edward, the Duke of Kent - who is the cousin of the late Queen Elizabeth II - in a grand ceremony at York Minster in 1961. The couple have three surviving children, George, Earl of St Andrews, Lady Helen Windsor, and Lord Nicholas Windsor.
    0 Reacties ·0 aandelen ·867 Views
  • Popular Ibadan Hotel, De Castle Inn, demolished
    Akinwande IdowuJul 20, 2025.

    De Castle Inn, once a well-known hotel along Queen Elizabeth II Road in the Total Garden-Gate area of Ibadan, has been demolished.

    Heavy machinery was spotted at the site early in the morning as demolition crews brought down the longstanding structure that had previously served as a busy hospitality spot in Oyo State’s capital.

    While the exact reason for the demolition has not been officially confirmed, there is growing speculation that it may be part of a broader move by the state government to tackle abandoned or underused buildings across the city.

    In recent months, the government has issued several warnings about its intention to reclaim or remove such properties, citing urban development and safety concerns.

    Residents say the hotel had not been in full operation for some time, sparking assumptions it may have been tagged for removal under these directives.

    As of the time of this report, no official statement has been made by state authorities.
    Popular Ibadan Hotel, De Castle Inn, demolished Akinwande IdowuJul 20, 2025. De Castle Inn, once a well-known hotel along Queen Elizabeth II Road in the Total Garden-Gate area of Ibadan, has been demolished. Heavy machinery was spotted at the site early in the morning as demolition crews brought down the longstanding structure that had previously served as a busy hospitality spot in Oyo State’s capital. While the exact reason for the demolition has not been officially confirmed, there is growing speculation that it may be part of a broader move by the state government to tackle abandoned or underused buildings across the city. In recent months, the government has issued several warnings about its intention to reclaim or remove such properties, citing urban development and safety concerns. Residents say the hotel had not been in full operation for some time, sparking assumptions it may have been tagged for removal under these directives. As of the time of this report, no official statement has been made by state authorities.
    0 Reacties ·0 aandelen ·688 Views
Fintter https://fintter.com